Praying for Others
Beginning in 2017, this page will highlight different people of the world for whom you might want to pray. The following groups will be included. Here is a link to a complete listing for the year, calendar.
- Names of God, Jesus, or the Holy Spirit – only one each day (source below). designated by G or J or HS.
- Peoples of the World – a listing of all the nations of the world (with some further divided), major religious groups from Prayercast.com, or regional leadership groups. Those nations identified by the Voice of the Martyrs in terms of persecution towards Christianity are indicated as R=Restricted, H=Hostile, or M=Monitored.
- US State or Territory – listed alphabetically
- US City/Region – from the Core Based Statistical Areas used by the Office of Management and Budget. This includes regions in the 50 United States and Puerto Rico.
– MiSA = Micropolitan Statistical Area
– MeSA = Metropolitan Statistical Area.
If you choose to, please pray for them as you feel led. Thank you and God bless.
Here is a suggested outline to aid your prayer time – “Prayer Time with the Father” – 3×5 card
Other sources to access for prayer topics are the following.
- UD — Unreached of the Day — Today — Mobile app
- OW — Operation World — Pray Today
- VOM — Voice of the Martyrs Prayer Calendar — order — Pray Today app
- Prayercast — prayer videos for nations, religions, and other special global needs — prayercast.com
The Names of God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit were compiled from the following.
Lockyer, Herbert. All the Divine Names and Titles in the Bible: A Unique Classification of All Scriptural Designations of the Three Persons of the Trinity. Grand Rapids, Mich.: Zondervan, 1976. [Christianbook] [Amazon] [Barnes and Noble] [Alibris]
If you would like to learn more about these people groups, or any others, and their nations, or the US states and communities, click on the links below and search for them on the websites.
[Joshua Project] : least evangelized people groups
[OperationWorld] : prayer needs for nations
[Prayercast] : prayer videos
[Wycliffe] : focuses on missions and Bible translation
[Ethnologue] : all the languages of the world
[United Nations] : United Nations news and services
[USA.gov] : US government and community leaders and services
Isaiah 56:7 NASB Even those I will bring to My holy mountain And make them joyful in My house of prayer. Their burnt offerings and their sacrifices will be acceptable on My altar; For My house will be called a house of prayer for all the peoples.”
Matthew 21:13 NASB And He *said to them, “It is written, ‘MY HOUSE SHALL BE CALLED A HOUSE OF PRAYER‘; but you are making it a ROBBERS’ DEN.”
Mark 11:17 NASB And He began to teach and say to them, “Is it not written, ‘MY HOUSE SHALL BE CALLED A HOUSE OF PRAYER FOR ALL THE NATIONS‘? But you have made it a ROBBERS’ DEN.”
Luke 19:46 NASB saying to them, “It is written, ‘AND MY HOUSE SHALL BE A HOUSE OF PRAYER,’ but you have made it a ROBBERS’ DEN.”
1 Timothy 2:1-4 NASB 1 First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men, 2 for kings and all who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity. 3 This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, 4 who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. … 8 Therefore I want the men in every place to pray, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and dissension.